1. What are the entry requirements if I wish to apply?
You have to be a student aged between 14 to 18 years.
2. What documents do I need to submit?
Photocopy of the CNIC of your Father/Mother/Guardian
Two passport sized photographs (of the student) with a white background
Please note that students are required to bring a copy of the Registration Form on the orientation day of the Summer School@LUMS duly signed by his/her Father/Mother/Guardian, indicating the acceptance of the Terms and Conditions.
3. Where and how can I make the payment for the Summer School@LUMS?
The payment can be made through
Vouchers can be paid through Cash, Pay Order and/or Bank Draft made in favour of the ‘Lahore University of Management Sciences’ at any branch of Allied Bank Limited.
Vouchers can also be paid through ATM machines and internet banking portals of the following banks:
Allied Bank Limited
Askari Bank Limited
Bank Alfalah Limited
Standard Chartered (Only for Online Payments)
4. What is the cost of the Summer School@LUMS?
The cost of the Summer Programme is as follows:
Programme Fee (PKR)
For first 50 students
From 51st student onwards
5. Is hostel accommodation available?
Yes, hostel accommodation on campus is available, with additional charges of PKR 6,000/-
6. What is the duration of Summer School@LUMS?
The Summer School@LUMS is spread over 4 weeks. It covers academic and non-academic activities; for details, kindly refer to the Summer School@LUMS website.
7. Does the cost include meals during the Summer School@LUMS activities?
Cost of meals is not included in the Summer School@LUMS fee. The students will need to bring cash for their meals from any of the LUMS in-house dining facilities.
8. What meals options will be available to the students during the summer programme?
LUMS has its own in-house Pepsi Dining Centre (PDC) providing meals at very reasonable prices, starting from PKR 150/- per meal. Moreover, other in-house dining options include food courts like Chop Chop, Zakir Tikka, Flavours, LUMS Khokha, Super Store, Bombay Chowpatti, Jamin Java and Subway. All these offer meals to students at discounted rates.
9. Is the fee for the Summer School@LUMS refundable?
No, the fee for the Summer School@LUMS is non-refundable.
10. What campus facilities will be available to the students during the summer programme?
Multiple facilities like housing, dining, swimming pool, gymnasium, cricket, volleyball grounds, mosque, super store, pharmacy and laundry services (for boarders) will be available to students during Summer School@LUMS. LUMS will provide a room on (double) sharing basis to the boarders. The room will include a bed, a cupboard, a study table and a chair.
11. Do I need to bring my clothes to LUMS during the summer programme?
Yes, boarders are required to bring their clothes, mainly casual wear suitable for the warm weather. Some formal clothes for attending different events during the Summer School@LUMS should also be brought. The boarders will also need to bring different types of shoes such as casual, formal and sports shoes. In general, students should bring sportswear, swimming gear (costume, goggles and cap if you wish to swim) and badminton or tennis rackets (if you wish to play).
12. Can I see my parents during my stay at LUMS?
Yes, boarders can meet their parents on the weekends within specified hours. However, they cannot leave the campus during the summer programme without obtaining permission from the concerned authorities.
13. What are the reasons for cancellation of registration for the Summer School@LUMS?
LUMS has zero tolerance policy regarding involvement in any kind of physical violence, use of drugs or inappropriate behaviour which will lead to immediate cancellation of Summer School@LUMS registration of the concerned student(s).
14. How do I know that my seat is confirmed in the Summer School?
Your seat is confirmed upon the payment of the Summer School fee. You will also receive a confirmation email from LUMS.