1. What are the entry requirements if I wish to apply?
This programme is for all students aged 14 to 18. Furthermore, your educational background should be of the following: O/A Levels or Matric/Fsc
2. What is the duration of Summer School @ LUMS?
The Summer School @ LUMS is split into two sessions; one of two weeks and one of three weeks. It covers academic and non-academic activities.
3. What documents do I need to submit?
• Scanned copy of the B-form (electronically)
• Photograph (electronically)
• Declaration Form (will be sent by email)
4. Where and how can I make the payment for the Summer School @ LUMS?
The payment can be made through
• Vouchers can be paid through Cash, Pay Order and/or Bank Draft made in favour of the ‘Lahore University of Management Sciences’ at any branch of Allied Bank Limited.
• For online/credit card payment, please visit https://pay.lums.edu.pk
• Vouchers can also be paid through ATM machines and internet banking portals of the following banks:
1. Allied Bank Limited
2. Askari Bank Limited
3. Bank Alfalah Limited
4. Standard Chartered (Only for Online Payments)
5. Bank Al-Habib
5. What is the fee structure of the Summer School @ LUMS?
Session 1 (three week)
Session 2 (two week)
6. Does Summer School @LUMS offer scholarships?
No. LUMS offers huge pool of scholarships who are regular students of regular program but SSL doesn’t offer any scholarship.
7. Is the fee for the Summer School @ LUMS refundable?
No, the fee for the Summer School @ LUMS is non-refundable.
8. How do I know that my seat is confirmed in the Summer School?
Your seat is confirmed upon the payment of the Summer School fee. You will also receive a confirmation email from LUMS.
9. Is hostel accommodation available? Who takes care of those availing accommodation?
Yes, hostel accommodation on campus is available. The charges are mentioned in Question 4. SSL team will be available, creating a supportive and diverse boarding school community. Warden/supervisor for the male and female dorms will be available respectively.
10. Do I have to decide whether or not to apply for a boarding place at the time of registration?
Yes, it is on first come first serve basis. So in order to ensure accommodation, we recommend you to let us know as soon as possible. We accept most boarders in LUMS after that time on a fairly regular basis, if there are available spaces.
11. Should my child bring electronics, such as laptop and cell phones?
Yes. Boarding students are expected to bring electronics for both school and personal use. Once registered on the school network, boarders can access their school work, check assignments, and do Internet research within the parameters of our premises. The school supports both PC and Mac operating systems and also has numerous computers available in our computer lab for students to work on throughout the day.
12. Does everyone have a roommate?
All students in the dorms live in double rooms. Learning to live with another person is an important life skill that encourages organization, responsibility, and respect. The chemistry between roommates is important, as is developing trust and respect for each other.
13. Does the cost include meals during the Summer School @ LUMS activities?
Cost of meals is not included in the Summer School @ LUMS fee. The students will need to bring cash for their meals from any of the LUMS in-house dining facilities.
14. What meals options will be available to the students during the summer programme?
LUMS has its own in-house Pepsi Dining Centre (PDC) providing meals at very reasonable prices, starting from PKR 150/- per meal. Moreover, other in-house dining options include food courts like Chop Chop, Zakir Tikka, Flavours, LUMS Khokha, Super Store, Bombay Chowpatti, Jamin Java and Subway. All these offer meals to students at discounted rates.
15. What campus facilities will be available to the students during the summer programme?
Multiple facilities like housing, dining, swimming pool, gymnasium, cricket, volleyball grounds, mosque, super store, pharmacy and laundry services (for boarders) will be available to students during Summer School @ LUMS. LUMS will provide a room on (double) sharing basis to the boarders. The room will include a bed, a cupboard, a study table and a chair.
16. Do I need to bring my clothes to LUMS during the summer programme?
Yes, boarders are required to bring their clothes, mainly casual wear suitable for the warm weather. Some formal clothes for attending different events during the Summer School @ LUMS should also be brought. The boarders will also need to bring different types of shoes such as casual, formal and sports shoes. In general, students should bring sportswear, swimming gear (costume, goggles and cap if you wish to swim) and badminton or tennis rackets (if you wish to play).
17. Can I see my parents during my stay at LUMS?
Yes, boarders can meet their parents on the weekends within specified hours. However, they cannot leave the campus during the summer programme without obtaining permission from the concerned authorities.
18. What are the reasons for cancellation of registration for the Summer School @ LUMS?
LUMS has zero tolerance policy regarding involvement in any kind of physical violence, use of drugs or inappropriate behaviour which will lead to immediate cancellation of Summer Schoo l@ LUMS registration of the concerned student(s).
19. What accommodation is LUMS offering? What will it include?
The LUMS accommodation will offer twin-sharing rooms in both the female and male hostel housing. You will be provided with a bed and mattress, a desk, a chair and a cupboard. All the rooms will be well-ventilated. There is a common room on each floor with constant air conditioning and a TV. Every floor is also equipped with a kitchen, which is furnished with an iron stand, stove, microwave, fridge, toaster, water cooler, and oven. You will be required to bring your own crockery as it will not be provided by hostels. Furthermore, there are two bathrooms on each floor with five shower cabins and five toilet cabins each. There is also a laundry service available on-campus, and a salon in each building in the female hostels.